Are you interested in pursuing a career with a growing, dynamic and global company with exciting opportunities and interesting project work?
About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
We have an outstanding opportunity an outstanding opportunity for a mid-level Environmental Engineer to support contaminated site investigation and remediation projects in Colorado and throughout the United States from our Greenwood Village, Colorado office.
- -Perform hands-on field implementation of site remedies, bench-scale and pilot-scale studies, remediation system operation and maintenance, contaminated media sampling, and contractor oversight.
- -Collaborate with senior engineers to evaluate, select, and design contaminated site remedies involving soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and vapor remediation (in-situ and ex-situ; injection experience a plus), treatment of hazardous wastes, site management, and closure.
- -Develop and implement site investigation plans and feasibility, bench-scale, and pilot-scale studies.
- -Record, evaluate, and interpret data, prepare reports and work plans, and provide analysis and interpretations of findings.
- -Review and stamp/certify technical reports submitted to agencies
- -Possess project management skills including managing medium size project budgets, writing proposals, and managing field teams
- -Prepare environmental permits for air, water, and waste issues, including the implementation of remedial designs.
- -Provide assistance in evaluation and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- -Ability to analyze and solve problems independently, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- -Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills with clients, management, regulatory authorities, and contractors.
- -Ability to work as a team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience.
- -Ability and willingness to mentor junior staff.
- -Basic knowledge of environmental laws and regulations such as CERCLA, RCRA, HSWA, CWA, and NEPA.
- -Familiarity with storm water management/water resources in California
- -Familiarity with the RI/FS process under CERCLA and the RFI/CMS process under RCRA.
- -Field work experience in civil/environmental engineering.
- -A Colorado PE License, or the ability to obtain.
- -Thorough understanding of surface water and groundwater geochemistry and microbiology as they relate to construction sites and in-situ remediation is preferred.
- -Water, wastewater engineering experience. Construction supervision a plus.
- -Valid driver’s license.
- -Flexibility to travel via land and air to locations in the United States and Canada and work overtime when necessary with periodic extended field assignments.
- -Computer use and applications skills required, including MS Word, MS Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. AutoCAD experience is a plus, but not required.
Education and/or Training:
- -Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- -5-7 years of experience
- -Colorado Professional Engineer (PE) License, or ability to obtain immediately.
- -Certifications desired: OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training, OSHA 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training, DOT Training, CPR and First Aid Training, and other related environmental certifications.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE JOB POSTING: