Water Resources Project Manager
- Requisition Number 2021-11395
# of Openings 1
US-CO-Broomfield | US-CO-Fort Collins
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of delivering the very best in environmental consulting services for your clients? Do you have a passion for building partnerships and building business around water-based projects in Colorado and the surrounding region? We are seeking a water resources project manager to join our growing water resources program in Colorado. This position is available for distributed work in the state of Colorado, or in one of our Colorado Front Range based offices located in Broomfield or Fort Collins.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing, 1,200 staff, employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. Our Vision (the North Star) is to make SWCA the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership. We live our core values: we collaborate as #OneSWCA; we are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle, and we #GiveBack
What you will accomplish
The project manager position will be responsible for leading client and project pursuits, building technical resource teams, and managing water resources projects in Colorado, Wyoming, and the northern plains. The successful candidate will focus on identifying and evaluating opportunities in the market and building strategic teaming relationships for services including water supply planning and permitting, risk management, watershed assessment and planning, fire planning and recovery, stream and wetland restoration, water quality management, and hydrological assessments.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Environmental Science, Water Resource Management or a related degree.
- 5+ years of water resources project experience, such as: water supply planning, hydrology and water balance studies, planning and design for floodplain or water quality projects.
- 3+ years managing water resources projects
- Prior experience in identifying opportunities, developing strategic approach, building partnerships and growing business for water-related services supporting civil and restoration design projects.
- Proven ability to develop productive business relationships with water resource agency, client, and industry contacts.
- Willingness to engage in industry groups and committees to develop new relationships with water managers in Colorado and Wyoming, including preferred experience with Front Range municipal water and floodplain managers, Front Range water utilities, ditch companies, agencies, and conservation districts.
- Motivated to establish industry leadership roles through professional organizations and outreach including holding key technical positions, publishing technical papers, delivering technical presentations, and elevating SWCA’s brand in the Water Resource market.
- Takes responsibility for team safety, developing safety plans and anticipating potential safety hazards.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including project teams, project managers, agency representatives, and clients.
- Excellent time management skills, thorough understanding of task assignment, scheduling, and budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to initiate independently and collaborate collectively with the water team to develop SWCA’s unique position in the market for resource assessment, planning, permitting and management.
- Collaboration with other project managers and technical leads to establish best practices and implementation of quality management plans.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA), we are disclosing a good faith estimate of the compensation range for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado.
In Colorado, an employee in this position can expect a rate between $80,000/year and $110,000/year, depending on experience, geographic locations, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Employees in this position are eligible for consideration for SWCA’s annual bonus program, which provides awards based on individual and organizational performance. To review additional benefits associated with this position, click here: https://www.swca.com/benefits
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.