Water Resources Engineer
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Office Location
- US-CO-Broomfield | US-CO-Fort Collins
- Water Resources
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of delivering top-notch environmental consulting services with multi-disciplinary teams? SWCA, a 40 year-old, employee-owned, environmental compliance consulting firm, is seeking an entrepreneurial, Colorado Water Resources Engineer to build and grow our water resources services throughout the Rocky Mountain Plains Region, in collaboration with our natural resources team leaders, scientists, and engineers. This position is available for remote work in the state of Colorado, or in one of our Colorado Front Range based offices located in Broomfield or Fort Collins.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing, 1,200 staff, employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. Our Vision (the North Star) is to make SWCA the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership. We live our core values: we collaborate as #OneSWCA; we are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle, and we #GiveBack.
What you will accomplish
The position will be responsible for developing, supervising, and working with teams to win and execute water resources project work throughout Colorado and Wyoming. The successful candidate will focus on identifying and evaluating opportunities in the market, and building strategic teaming relationships with clients and teaming partners. These teams might include major engineering and program management firms. The position also includes opportunities for staff management, including staff development, supervision, and training.
Key activities will include:
- Team-building and managing water teams supporting civil and restoration design projects.
- Operate at a program-level in the organization and develop SWCA’s unique position in the market for resource assessment, planning, permitting, restoration, and management.
- Engage in industry groups and committees to develop new relationships with water managers in the Front Range, including but not limited to Front Range municipal water and floodplain managers, Front Range water utilities, ditch companies, agencies, and conservation districts.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization, including project teams, project managers, clients.
- Collaborate with other SWCA Colorado and Wyoming team leads to establish best practices, talent management, assembly of project teams, and implementation of quality management plans.
- Establish industry leadership roles through professional organizations and outreach including holding key technical positions, publishing technical papers, delivering technical presentations, and elevating SWCA’s brand in the Water Resource market.
- Provide internal and external training associated with technical and business development skills.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Excellent time management skills, thorough understanding of task assignment, scheduling, and budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Environmental Science, Water Resource Management, Environmental or Civil Engineering, or a related degree.
- Colorado Professional Engineering license.
- 7+ years of broad and general water resources engineering project experience, which may include one or more of the following: water rights assessments, hydrologic assessments and modeling, watershed science and management, drainageway restoration, water quality science and associated permitting.
- A passion or strong interest in business development, acting as a “seller/doer” to develop productive business relationships with agency, client, and industry contacts.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior technical leadership and mentoring role for water resources professionals.
- A working knowledge of the regulations that apply to water resource management in Colorado.
PREFERRED OR HELPFUL
- Demonstrated business development experience and success in water resources.
- Additional PE license in Wyoming helpful, or the willingness to get a Wyoming PE.
- Project management experience related to water rights, floodplain management, general hydrology, or related water resources engineering disciplines.
- Experience reviewing and managing water engineering design construction plans helpful.
- National Environmental Policy Act project management, federal agency EIS experience helpful.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA), we are disclosing a good faith estimate of the compensation range for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado.
In Colorado, an employee in this position can expect a rate between $110,000/year and $140,000/year, depending on experience, geographic locations, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Employees in this position are eligible for consideration for SWCA’s annual bonus program, which provides awards based on individual and organizational performance. To review additional benefits associated with this position, click here: https://www.swca.com/benefits
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.