Sr. Project Environmental Specialist/Geologist/PM – (230000Y8)
Multiple locations – (job listing here)
Download the job details here
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind. We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties worldwide and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s thriving environmental and brownfield revitalization practice in the southwest is looking for an experienced Sr. Project Environmental Specialist/Geologist/Project Manager to join our team. Our Environmental Services team is growing, and we have a need for a project manager with 10 to 15 years of experience in the environmental field and a strong interest in both environmental assessment/cleanup and community revitalization. This team member will be primarily focused on due diligence and brownfield revitalization work but may explore opportunities within our broader ES team including projects in complex assessment and remediation, resiliency, and compliance.
Well-qualified candidates will have experience/familiarity in implementing and managing environmental due diligence, assessment, and remediation projects. Strong writing and communication skills are critical, as is an understanding of effective project management concepts and approaches. This position will be mainly office-based in Chandler, Arizona Albuquerque, New Mexico or Colorado Springs, Colorado but may include occasional Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment field work in Arizona, New Mexico and/or Colorado.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage environmental due diligence, assessment, cleanup, and revitalization projects with attention to safety, quality, detail, budget, and deadlines
- Oversee staff completing Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, asbestos and lead-based paint sampling projects providing guidance on scope, schedule, and budget, and providing senior review of deliverables
- Prepare environmental work plans, Phase I and II ESA and Regulated Building Survey reports, budgets, schedules and provide quality reviews of documents prepared by others
- Prepare proposals and other marketing materials
- Assist with preparing grant applications to fund environmental projects
- Occasional (up to several days per month) environmental assessment field work in Arizona, New Mexico and/or Colorado including:
- Scoping and scheduling field investigations
- Overseeing drilling crews
- Collecting environmental (soil, groundwater, soil gas, air, asbestos, etc.) samples
- Collecting and recording field observations and field measurements
- Managing sampling chain of custody and coordinating with laboratories
- Overseeing environmental cleanup activities
- Interact and effectively communicate with team members, subcontractors, and clients
- Coordinate multiple tasks at once
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience in environmental due diligence, assessment, remediation, and project management
- Self-starting, team-oriented problem solver
- Strong research, analysis, and writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, geology, engineering, planning, or related field
- 10-15 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional registration as geologist, AHERA building inspector certification, a plus
Majority of time spent in office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work, or combination of office and field. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations : United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque, United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Organization : BC-2037 EnvSvcs-US Mountain
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 27, 2023, 3:53:35 PM
Req ID: 230000Y8
Click link to apply: https://stantec.jobs/jobs/?q=230000Y8&r=25&page=1&sort=relevance
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans