Project Environmental Site Assessment Consultant – ( 230000OQ )
Multiple locations – (job listing here)
Download the job details here
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind. We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties worldwide and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a Project Environmental Site Assessment Consultant (Scientist, Geologist, or Engineer) to support our team of environmental professionals with a focus on environmental site assessments and occasional work in regulated building materials consulting (asbestos, lead-paint, PCBs, etc.).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple task requests simultaneously. Adherence to the approved scope, budget and schedule are imperative.
- Communicate daily with the project team and clients as needed.
- Complete Phase I (ASTM) and Phase II site assessment projects with multi-person project teams.
- Perform pre-field preparation for on-site projects including development of health and safety documents, coordinating with subcontractors, and obtaining permits
- Conduct field work (about 50% work) which will consist of conducting tailgate health and safety meetings, and the supervision of drillers engaged in the collection of soil and groundwater samples.
- performing regulated building materials surveys under the direction of an AHERA Certified Building Inspector. .
- The ability to perform the following is a plus: Managing utility clearance for sampling locations, supervise drilling activities, prepare soil boring logs, groundwater monitoring and soil vapor well construction logs, and collect soil, soil vapor, and groundwater samples.
- Support environmental and other related site assessment and remediation projects by providing field support, data management, interpretation, and technical assistance.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control of fieldwork programs and reports/work product deliverables.
- Prepare technical reports presenting key findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Assist in the management of multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec’s other consulting practice areas and support cross-selling services to existing clients.
- Assist with the review and tracking of project related invoices from contractors, other consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned by Stantec multi-discipline teams.
- Reports to Senior Project Manager or Senior Technical Lead.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Certification as an AHERA Certified Building Inspector required.
- Certification as a Lead-Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor (I/A) beneficial.
- Ability to work on regulated building materials surveys, site assessment, remediation, and other related environmental projects. Knowledge and experience applying regulatory and safety requirements.
- Experience in implementing regulated building materials surveys and site assessment fieldwork programs.
- Willing and able to travel – expected 50% field to 50% office-based ratio of supporting multiple projects.
- Excellent internal and client communication skills to implement and coordinate fieldwork programs.
- Excellent writing, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Knowledge of the local regulatory climate, and proven experience in the completion of site assessment.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-Hour certification and 8-hour OSHA Supervisor certification.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Education and Experience
- BS and/or MS in Science, Geology, Engineering, or related discipline
- 3 – 5 years of relevant site investigation and remediation experience, including environmental consulting experience.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs. Portions of this position will be in a typical office environment working with computers and working at a stationary desk. Ability to effectively work from home office independently through potential COVID-19 work restrictions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations : United States-Utah, United States-New Mexico
Organization : BC-2037 EnvSvcs-US Mountain
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 1, 2023, 5:53:52 PM
Req ID: 230000OQ
Click link to apply: https://stantec.jobs/jobs/?q=230000OQ&r=25&page=1&sort=relevance
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans