Staff Civil Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Burns & McDonnell’s office in Centennial, CO, is actively seeking a Staff Level Civil Engineer to support and execute civil design projects primarily involving solid waste facilities. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked on FORTUNE’s List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in numerous other cities across the United States. This position provides the opportunity to challenge and grow yourself professionally within one of the industry’s leading firms. Be on a team that solves our client’s issues and problems for environmental and engineering practices in the design, planning, permitting, and remediation service space.
The candidate should have an established and successful engineering design history including grading, stormwater management, soil erosion & sediment control, roadways, and utilities.
The Staff Level Civil engineer will work within our Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice to perform the following duties:
- Completing grading and drainage designs using 3D design tools;
- Performing hydrologic/hydraulic calculations using TR55, CUHP, HY-8, Culvertmaster, HEC programs, etc.;
- Performing other engineering calculations;
- Performing construction drawing production and drafting;
- Writing engineering specifications;
- Conducting field construction oversight;
- Assisting lead engineers with various and miscellaneous project duties
- Other duties as assigned.
- B. S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited program; P.E. license preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 6 years applicable civil engineering and consulting experience.
- Strong experience working with both private and public-sector clients.
- Proficient with Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
Job Civil Engineering
Primary Location US-CO-Denver
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place with more than 5,000 engineers, architects, construction professionals, scientists and consultants on staff and growing. We strive to create amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our employee-owners. We take on some of the world’s toughest challenges with the industry’s best thinking.
We have offices and projects spanning the US and the globe. We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our culture of 100% employee ownership plays a major role in supporting that outcome. Each employee shares in the ownership of the firm, bringing the commitment of an owner to our projects. Clients appreciate that and have rewarded us with a 90% repeat business rate and decades-long partnerships. Pretty cool for a 100 year old firm that grows organically.
At Burns & McDonnell, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference every day while fulfilling your personal and professional ambitions. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny and shape the path your career travels. And with more than 350 service specialties, your career and development options are abundant.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Req ID: 190234