Senior Project Manager, Greenwood Village, Colorado
United States of America – Colorado, Greenwood Village
AECOM is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their Remediation Department based in the Greenwood Village, Colorado. The candidate will be qualified to take on a leadership and business development role on projects and within the department. The demonstration of successful past experience and leadership will be key attributes that can be supported by relevant technical qualifications. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in the environmental field, specific to contaminated site investigation and remediation. This position also requires excellent written and spoken communication skills, organizational and time management skills, flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn new skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with members of the project team, clients, site personnel and office management, and have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a project team.
Candidate should summarize their successful experience of project management, organization of field programs, and their involvement in business development and marketing initiatives. Experience in management of field programs should cover preparation through implementation to completion of the program. Demonstration of development and adherence to robust safety standards and procedures is also desirable.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Full technical and project management responsibility for soil, groundwater, and vapor investigation and remediation projects, including planning, scheduling, and coordination.
- Coordination and preparation of written reports, work plans, and technical memorandums and analysis of data and development of supported conclusions.
- Acting as Project Manager on large, complex projects in fiscal management, client liaison, reporting requirements, and coordination with project team members
- Work collaboratively with other members and teams within the RCE department, and other professionals within other AECOM internal business lines.
- Undertake technical work in accordance with the contracted scope of work, budget, schedule and legislative standards
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase project efficiencies, improve technical methodologies and add value to client service offerings
- Assist with development of junior staff through ongoing mentoring
- Assist business line managers to develop new business, including marketing to potential and existing clients and be integral in process of securing and managing clients and contracts
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and Supervisor certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant science or engineering field.
- 10+ years of experience in an environmental engineering consulting company
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Seller-doer with business development and client management experience.
- Experience as a project manager and technical lead on investigations, feasibility studies, remedial design, and remedial action oversight
- Highly knowledgeable in CO environmental regulations and processes.
- Project experience working with state and federal agencies, including USEPA, state and local, and private sector clients
- Experience with USEPA Coal Combustion Residuals regulations and implementation.
- Ability to work independently, make sound decisions
- Strong, effective writing and speaking skills
- Strong leadership skills, including
What They Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Their teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. They ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Their core values define who they are, how they act and what they aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, they believe in each person’s potential, and they’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 212400BR
Additional Locations US – Denver, CO – 717 17th St, US – Denver, CO – 8500 Pena Blvd
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.