Senior Hydrogeology/Geochemist, Golden, Colorado, United States of America
Apply here email@example.com
Nationwide Environmental Services, Inc. (NES) is seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist/Geochemist in its Golden, Colorado office. The demonstration of successful past experience and leadership will be key attributes that can be supported by relevant technical qualifications. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in the environmental field, specific to contaminated site investigation and remediation. This position requires some travel, proficiency with GIS software and statistical analyses, knowledge of field sampling procedures and laboratory analytical interpretation, excellent written and spoken communication skills, organizational and time management skills, flexibility to work on a multitude of diverse projects, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn new skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with members of the project team, clients, site personnel and office management, and have the ability to work both independently and as a part of a project team.
Candidate should summarize their successful experience of project management, organization of field programs, and their involvement in business development and marketing initiatives. Experience in management of field programs should cover preparation through implementation to completion of the program. Demonstration of development and adherence to robust safety standards and procedures is also desirable.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Full technical and project management responsibility for soil, groundwater, and vapor investigation and remediation projects, including planning, scheduling, and coordination.
• Coordination and preparation of data analysis and interpretation, written reports, work plans, budgets and technical memorandums meeting presentation and analysis of data and development of supported conclusions.
• Supporting Project Managers on large, complex projects in fiscal management, client liaison, reporting requirements, and coordination with project team members
• Work collaboratively with other members and teams.
• Undertake technical work in accordance with the contracted scope of work, budget, schedule and legislative standards
• Proactively identify opportunities to increase project efficiencies, improve technical methodologies and add value to client service offerings
• Assist with development of junior staff through ongoing mentoring
• Assist business line managers to develop new business, including marketing to potential and existing clients and be integral in process of securing and managing clients and contracts
• OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and Supervisor certification.
• Master’s degree in relevant science or engineering field.
• 5+ years of experience
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Client contact and management experience.
• Experience as a technical lead on investigations, feasibility studies, remedial design, and remedial action oversight
• Highly knowledgeable in CERCLA and environmental regulations and processes for multiple states.
• Project experience working with state and federal agencies, including USEPA, state and local, and private sector clients
• Ability to work independently, make sound decisions
• Strong, effective writing, presentation preparation and speaking skills
• Strong leadership skills
Business Line Environment Project Management
Country United States of America – US Citizens only
Position Status Full-Time
Location Golden, CO – 14818 West 6th Avenue, Suite 5A
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.