Company: Versar, Inc.
Title: Performance-Based Remediation (PBR) Team Member
Salary Range: None (no minimum salary speciﬁed, no maximum salary speciﬁed)
Education: B.S., Engineering, Geology, or Science (chemistry, physics, environmental science), and credentials/licenses/certifications (GIT/EIT, PE/PG, PMP, CHMM, CIH, CSP, LSP, etc.)
Prior Experience: 3 – 20+ yrs.
DENVER, ATLANTA, WASHINGTON (DC), DALLAS
Versar, Inc. is seeking highly experienced professionals to work in our Performance-Based Remediation (PBR) Program, specifically for the DoD (U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. EPA), other federal customers, and private industry. To work in this Program, you must currently possess some combination of the following capabilities with strong, verifiable experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Project Management, project/program financial responsibility, capable of preparing customer cost reports and assembling cost data, perform cost controls, interpret project cost data, and apply Change Management procedures through your projects.
- Develop and plan well-defined technical approaches and scopes of work for complex remediation sites. Understand the concepts of Statements of Objectives (SOO) and Performance Work Statements (PWS) as opposed to typical Scopes of Work. Be able to write a narrative for your concept and verbally explain your approach to create consensus and demonstrate technical proficiency. Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas is desirable for senior positions.
- Conceptualize and implement remedial technologies that resolve soil & groundwater contamination and related problems and close sites in a finite period.
- Show proficiency for the development of detailed Cost Estimates for your work, including development of scopes and solicitation of bids from subcontractors and vendors, specifying services, products and materials required from qualified providers, and assembling a detailed Cost proposal that satisfies customer requirements as well as Versar’s purchasing system policies. Use of Excel, RACER, or other cost estimating solutions is desirable.
- Expertise (not just experience) with Microsoft Project gets immediate attention!
- Highly experienced Program-level chemist with data verification, validation, prior lab QA/QC responsibilities, and verifiable hands-on experience with ERPIMS, FUDSChem, EQuIS, and related chemistry software programs used on federal projects. This resume gets immediate attention! You must have a B.S. or greater in chemistry degree and 5 years of hands-on laboratory experience with QA/QC responsibilities.
- Experience with regulatory agencies at the state and federal-level expertise with CERCLA and RCRA requirements for remediation sites, ability to facilitate and influence public and working groups, demonstrate strong presentation and communication skills in technical settings, such as Restoration Advisory Boards and regulatory environments.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with other employees, other Teaming partners, key subcontractors and material providers, and important federal and private customers is essential.
Work as a Team member within the Remediation Technical Service Area. Provide support for execution of remediation projects, development of proposals, and interact with customers, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Geology, Science, Planning, or related discipline (Master’s preferred). Business background, Project Management certificate programs, leadership training, etc., are considered strong differentiators for potential Project and Program Managers. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- 3 – 20+ years of proven experience in the industry