Sinkhole Conference – Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst – Call for Abstracts – June 1, 2019
June 1, 2019
Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst
This highly successful interdisciplinary biennial conference series is the most important international meeting that concentrates on the practical application of karst science. Geologists, engineers, and geographers, who study how and where karst develops and how sinkholes form, interact with engineers and planners, who apply this information to building and maintaining society’s infrastructure while protecting our environment.
The conference is managed by the National Cave and Karst Research Institute, which will partner with the University of Puerto Rico to offer this exceptional 2020 meeting in Puerto Rico, one of the premier karst regions of the world.
Conference topics include: Karst Development & Mapping, Pro-Active and Remedial Engineering in Karst Terrain, Karst Water Resource Management. Optional Short Courses will be offered on April 21, 2020, and Field Trips on April 20 and 24, 2020.
Please note that the following deadlines will be enforced:
- 15 March 2019: First day when abstracts can be submitted
- 01 June 2019: Last day to submit an abstract
- 02 June 2019: First day when full papers for accepted abstracts can be submitted
- 01 September 2019: Last day to submit draft full papers
- 01 January 2020: Last day to apply for the Beck Student Scholarship
- 15 November 2019: Last day to cancel and receive 80% refund of the registration fee
- 20 November 2019: Send all submitted papers for review
- 15 December 2019: Return review comments to authors
- 1 January 2020: last day to register at discounted rates; prices increase on 15 February 2018
- Authors to return their revised papaers to the Proceeding Subcommittee for acceptance and layout in the proceedings
- 20 April 2020: The Sinkhole Conference begins!
“Conference participants traveling with a spouse or other companion(s) who will also stay at the conference venue must provide the full names of any person(s) to the conference organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) before February 23. Companions are required to stay in the same room as the conference participant. Please note that there is a single double-size bed in each room; if additional rooms are needed, additional registration costs will be charged. For details and more information, please go to:https://training.fws.gov/campus/lodging.html”