Environmental Hazardous Materials/Site Assessments Consultant – Colorado Springs, Colorado
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind. We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties worldwide and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a certified Hazardous Materials Consultant to support our team of environmental professionals with ability to perform hazardous materials consulting (sampling of asbestos, lead-paint, PCBs, etc.).
Your Key Responsibilities
- As an AHERA Certified Building Inspector and/or EPA Certified Lead-Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor, complete regulated building material surveys for asbestos & lead-based paint
- Manage multiple task requests simultaneously. Adherence to the approved scope, budget and schedule are imperative.
- Communicate daily with the project team and clients as needed.
- Complete site assessment projects with multi-person project teams.
- Perform pre-field preparation for on-site projects including development of health and safety documents, coordinating with subcontractors, and obtaining permits
- Conduct field work (about 50% work) which will consist of conducting tailgate health and safety meetings, performing hazardous materials surveys.
- Support environmental and other related site assessment and remediation projects if needed by providing field support, data management, interpretation, and technical assistance.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control of fieldwork programs and reports/work product deliverables.
- Prepare technical reports presenting key findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec’s other consulting practice areas and support cross-selling services to existing clients.
- Assist with the review and tracking of project related invoices from contractors, other consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned by Stantec multi-discipline teams.
- Reports to Senior Project Manager or Senior Technical Lead.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Current certification as an AHERA Certified Building Inspector or CDPHE Regulation 8 building inspector, if located in Colorado, required.
- Certification as an EPA Certified Lead-Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor (I/A) beneficial.
- Ability to work on hazardous materials surveys, site assessment, remediation, and other related environmental projects. Knowledge and experience applying regulatory and safety requirements.
- Experience in implementing hazardous materials surveys and site assessment fieldwork programs.
- Willing and able to travel – expected 50% field to 50% office-based ratio of supporting multiple projects.
- Excellent internal and client communication skills to implement and coordinate fieldwork programs.
- Excellent writing, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Knowledge of the local regulatory climate, and proven experience in the completion of site assessment.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful passing of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-Hour certification.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant site investigation and remediation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Geology, or Engineering preferred, but can be substituted for work related experience.
- Relevant course work or certifications a plus.
Field work may include exposure to vacant and abandoned buildings and the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs. Portions of this position will be in a typical office environment working with computers and working at a stationary desk. Ability to effectively work from home office independently through potential COVID-19 work restrictions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $53,100 – $77,000 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in CO and HI
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Regular full-time and part-time employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary/casual employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations : United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque, United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Work Locations : Phoenix AZ
Organization : BC-2037 EnvSvcs-US Mountain
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 11, 2023, 1:13:11 PM
Req ID: 230004OE
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans