Director of Denver Operations – GHP Environmental + Architecture
- 12015 E 46 Ave, Denver, CO, 80239
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
For more than four decades GHP Environmental + Architecture has led the architectural, engineering and environmental industries to create healthy, safe and pleasing environments where people work and live. GHP’s talented team of architects, engineers, industrial hygienists and safety professionals exceed client expectations by offering specialized streamlined consultation, as well as synergistically integrated services.
Headquartered in Nashville, TN, GHP’s award-winning architectural, engineering and environmental services span nationwide with operations also in Denver (CO), San Antonio (TX), Jupiter (FL) and San Francisco (CA).
The Denver office is creating a new position with significant growth potential. They seek an operations director with a strong environmental background who can assume leadership of both projects and personnel in order to drive business and capitalize on the booming market in Denver.
The Director of Denver Operations will be an operations-focused, technically-sound, natural leader who is responsible for bringing in clients and projects to the company, as well as overseeing the planning, budgeting, and documentation of specific projects. He/she will also work closely with the other office locations in coordinating work with national account clients. This position may work as an individual contributor at times, or also delegate and share work with staff for a specific project or even permanently.
- Brings in clients and projects to the firm
- Oversees multiple projects and oversees staff involved to complete the projects
- Plans the overall project strategy from start to finish, reassesses as needed
- Schedules sub-consultants, sub-contractors, and team members (external and internal) to assist in completion of the project
- Budgets the overall project to provide adequate fees to our clients
- Provides appropriate and quality documentation necessary to a successful project
- Responsible for the GHP project file and its overall effectiveness and documentation included during the project and once archived
- Report on the progress and provide regular updates to upper management
- Alerts the COO immediately upon any project related issues
- Manages Project performance
- Utilizes technology to enhance project efficiency and performance
- Maintains responsibility for the overall success of the project
- Reviews Account Payables related to the project and provides recommendation to GHP Accounting
- Provides recommendations to GHP Accounting on monthly billings
- Provides leadership and coaching to Associate Project Managers, Project Coordinators and other Team Members on managing a successful project
- Maintains positive employee relations and serves as a resource for employees
- Ensures consistent application of company policies and procedures
- Maintains an understanding of federal, state and local laws and regulations that apply to the project to ensure proper compliance.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree is a plus
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in field
- 5+ years of progressively managing staff
- Certified in applicable Environmental Field preferred (i.e. CIH)
- Proven leader of teams that collaborates well with internal and external clients
- Experience managing multiple projects
Valiere Gamble, SHRM-SCP