COLORADO ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SOCIETY
2024 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Colorado Environmental Management Society (CEMS) is a non-profit organization created in 1985 to provide a forum for the exchange of information concerning technologies, laws and regulations, and other current environmental issues. CEMS membership consists of technical and legal professionals from environmental organizations, government agencies, academia, industry and the private sector.
To provide a mechanism for professional enhancement of its members with respect to environmental and health and safety (EHS) management. In addition, CEMS seeks to serve government, industry, environmental organizations and individuals in the development and use of prudent EHS management practices in the State of Colorado. It is the intent of the Society to be the premier non-profit professional EHS management organization in Colorado.
- Students must be currently enrolled in and attending an undergraduate or graduate program at a Colorado university or college.
- Applicants cannot graduate before the end of the 2024 Fall semester.
- Students must be studying engineering, geology, environmental sciences, law, or another field which address EHS issues.
- Students must intend to work in an EHS field.
- Students must complete and return the application as noted below.
- CEMS Officers, CEMS Board of Directors, the CEMS Scholarship Selection Committee, and family members of these individuals are not eligible to receive these scholarships.
B. General Information
- CEMS plans to award up to three scholarships: One for an undergraduate, one for a graduate (Master’s or Doctoral) student, and one for a law student. The amount to be awarded in 2024 is up to $3,000 per scholarship. Awardees will be notified on or before March 31, 2024 and will be announced on our website after all awardees have been notified.
- In addition to monetary compensation, awardees selected to receive this scholarship:
– Will have their essays and biographies published in the CEMS monthly newsletter.
– Will receive one-year free membership to CEMS. Awardees and a colleague may attend each monthly meeting at no charge.
– Awardees must attend one monthly CEMS meeting in the spring/summer of 2024 to be recognized and honored by our membership. Meetings occur from 11:30-1:00 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month via a GotoMeeting Virtual call or at a location tbd.
– Awardees are invited to participate in a poster session at the CEMS Fall Conference in fall.
Return completed application via email to:
Applications must be received by midnight Mountain Standard Time on Friday, March 1, 2024