Job ID #: 148006
Functional Area: Underwriting – Commercial Lines
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): 35
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Education Preferred: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Relocation Provided: No
Underwriter responsible for AIG Environmental’s suite of products, including combined General Liability & Pollution Liability, Auto and Excess coverage, as well as standalone Contractors Pollution Liability.
– Manage renewal book of business between $4M-$6M in premium
– Annual new business goal between $1M-$2M in premium
– Develop and manage external (broker and client) relationships through sales and marketing
– Develop and manage mutually beneficial, internal relationships with other divisions within AIG
– Work to become proficient in the suite of Environmental Insurance products offered by AIG (internal training courses provided by AIG)
Prefer at least 1 to 2 years of Casualty Insurance Experience (General Liability, Auto Liability) with 1 to 2 years of prior Environmental Insurance and/or Environmental Consulting Experience
– Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
– Skills desired: Analytical, Strong Communication and Work Ethic, Time Management, Technologically Sound, Ability to Work Independently
– Beneficial Skills/Attributes: Environmental Consulting or similar experience helpful, Knowledge of Insurance Market, Portfolio Management, Acquisition & Development, and Sales & Marketing
– Candidate should be positive, energetic and outgoing; Duties will require working, cooperating and participating in a team environment
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join their Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
Link with additional information and application instructions:
Lane Garwood, CRM
Environmental | AIG Commercial
1225 17th Street, Suite 1700, Denver, CO 80202